It was only lately that the news of Salman Khan receiving death threats had gone viral. As per a reports, Rajasthan gangster Lawrence Bishnoi had threatened to kill Salman while the megastar was in Jodhpur for a hearing.
“Salman Khan will be killed here, in Jodhpur…Then he will come to know about our real identity,” he was heard telling.
Post that, Salman returned to the city and had already resumed shooting for Race 3 along with Jacqueline Fernandez. But, the shoot of the film was stopped by Mumbai police on Wednesday and Salman was taken to his home after threats continued.
A source from the sets of the film said a daily, “The police arrived at the Race 3 set in Film City and told Salman and producer Ramesh Taurani that the shoot had to be stopped immediately as the actor needed to head home as soon as possible. Salman was escorted in another car by six cops, while his own car was driven back to his residence by another group of cops.”
A senior police officer revealed the daily, “We are taking Bishnoi’s threat seriously but we have assured Salman that he will receive maximum police protection. We are also investigating the motive behind Bishnoi’s threat to Salman.”
Now, a tabloid has Salim Khan approving the news. Salim Khan was quoted telling, “While I don’t know the exact details about when he left the sets, I do know that there were some threats. But Salman has a good team of security personnel. This is not the first time that he is getting such threats. In this industry, people keep getting such threats a lot.”
He later added, “The only action we are taking is to make sure that Salman is safe. He is going to the shoots normally right now.”
Salman’s safety is our priority, says father Salim Khan on death threats!